Virtual - Race 13.1 Going The Distance
RUN. DONATE. COMMEMORATE.
In the spring of 2020, the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) swept across the nation and brought cancellations and closures to many of our favorite events and businesses. Despite the challenges of this unprecedented situation, we believe in the power and goodness of our community.
The Virtual Race 13.1 - Going the Distance encourages you to keep up your training by going the distance with us by supporting local charities and staying motivated during this time. Whether you're running to set a personal record, keep fit or just for fun, we want you to be able to showcase all of your hard work.
Choose between 5k, 10k and Half Marathon distances. The benefit of a virtual race is that you can run on your own time, then upload your results on our website.
To participate in the virtual race:
- Step 1: Register for the event - it’s FREE! You can run your distance any time before Sunday, June 14, whether it’s at home or on your favorite course.
- Step 2: Donate, if you can! We’ll offer 4 levels of donation tiers so that you can make a difference in your community.
- Step 3: Run your distance and time yourself. Need to change the distance you registered for? No problem! Selecting your distance is for your training purposes and does not lock you in to that distance.
- Step 4: Upload your results during results week! From June 6 - 13 you will be able to upload your distance and time to see how you stack up against others in the field.
Although this event is free, we are collecting donations for: the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC and the UNC Rex Healthcare Foundation. In this challenging time, we want to give back to the community that means so much to us. Tiered donation packages will be offered at registration to raise money for these two causes.
- Bronze: $10
- You will receive $5 of race credit to be used towards any of the races in the Capstone Races portfolio
- You will receive $10 of race credit to be used towards any of the races in the Capstone Races portfolio.
- 20 runners will be drawn to receive a $10 gift card to Omega Sports
- Gold: $30
- You will receive $15 of race credit to be used towards any of the races in the Capstone Races portfolio.
- 12 runners will be drawn to receive a $25 gift card for Omega Sport
All of our runners will also have the option to purchase a commemorative medal for the race. Medals will be shipped to the address given during registration after results week has concluded.
We are offering free registration so that all runners are able to participate in this race, no matter their financial state. The price of the commemorative medal ensures that we are able to produce and deliver the medal for each runner. Any proceeds remaining will be donated to the charities benefitting this race. Medals ordered BEFORE May 1 are estimated to arrive the week of June 15. Medals ordered ON May 1 and after are estimated to arrive the week of July 20.
You have the option to purchase your commemorative medal during registration, but if you would like to purchase after you have already registered, please use this form